Win an organic Mother’s Day hamper worth over £50! All you have to do is LIKE our Facebook page and SHARE the competition post 👍
One lucky winner will be selected at random and will win this hamper full of natural products, handcrafted in the North East of Scotland.
The hamper includes:
- Restful Evening and Nervous Exhaustion Pulse Point Roller Balls – relaxing, calming and to aid sleep at bedtime
- Organic soap (natural, gardener’s and cooks, meditation) – our soaps create a rich lather leaving skin feeling soft and smelling great!
- Reflexology foot balm – for tired and overworked feet, providing deep moisturising qualities.
- Natural lip balm – provides a protective and soothing layer to give you soft lips.
- Nervous Exhaustion Bath and Body Oil – to be used in the bath to help you wind down and relax.
- Love essential oil blend – Soothe troubled emotions, calm frustrations and irritations. Use a couple of drops of this blend in an oil burner or diffuser, on a tissue by your bed, or diluted in a carrier oil of your choice for use on the body.
The competition closes at 5pm Monday 25th of March so we can get the prize to you in time for Mother’s Day
This competition is open to UK residents only.
Good luck! 💚
To help get into the Christmas spirit, we are excited to announce that for the first time, we will be launching a spectacular 12 Days of Christmas promotion!
From the 1st to the 12th of December, we will be running a different deal on each day. The code for each unique promotion will last 24 hours, but it will change everyday at midnight.
We don’t want to spoil the surprise of all the amazing offers we will doing, but for example, one day could be a discount on a particular item, then the next could be a free gift with each order!
It’s up to you whether to order on one day, or whether you wait until another day to see if it’s an offer more suited to you!
All we can guarantee is there will be a lot of great promotions that we have never before offered at Organica J. The promotion is a thank you to all our customers, old and new.
The codes will be announced on our Facebook and Instagram pages each day so please make sure to like/follow these accounts.
We hope you manage to get something that’s been on your Christmas list this year!
Terms and Conditions:
- The codes must be used at the checkout. The codes will be announced daily on our social media channels (Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/OrganicaJ) (Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/organicaj)
- The codes are only valid for 24 hours. Customers cannot request to change codes for another day’s code.
- It may be the case that some promotion codes will not show up in order confirmation or at the checkout. In such cases, you will be contacted once your order is placed with details about the promotion you have applied for.
Would you like to be in with a chance of winning this Luxury Organic Christmas Hamper? Worth over £50?
TO ENTER LIKE OUR PAGE AND SHARE THIS POST ON FACEBOOK!
Does someone you care about deserve a bit of pampering this Christmas? Or perhaps you’re in need of some relaxation too!
This luxury organic Christmas hamper contains some of our most luxurious products, so you can make this Christmas one to remember.
The box contains:
- Our New Natural – Fragrance Free Organic Soap 90g – excellent for very sensitive, problem skin. Amazingly cleansing and moisturising
- Our New Nervous Exhaustion Pulse Point Roller Ball. 10ml. De-stress and balance. Use on the pulse points on the neck and wrist and use the gentle, but powerful effect of aromatherapy when you need it – even when you are on the go!.
- Restful Evening Bath & Body Oil 50ml – (with lavender, rose geranium & roman chamomile) the ultimate chill out at the end of a busy day
- Orange & Frankincense Organic Soap 90g – gentle & moisturising for sensitive skin, helpful for mature and dry skin
- Natural Lip Balm 15ml – protects and nourishes naturally against the elements
- Two essential oil blends 10ml each – one festive, both excellent for de-stressing – Orange & Frankincense and Meditation (with frankincense, sandalwood, lavender & vetiver) 10ml of each. both are fantastic for unwinding and relaxing at the this busy time of year.
- Lavender Sachet – with organic lavender heads and lavender essential oil. Use in drawers/cupboards for scenting or beside your pillow to aid sleep.
- Reflexology Foot Balm – 60ml relax and revive your feet at the end of a busy day with the rich, moisturising blend of organic and wildcrafted oils. Also really helpful for protecting the feet from the harmful effects of winter weather.
The competition closes at midnight on Wednesday 21st November , so we can get your luxury hamper to the winner, in plenty of time for Christmas.
Remember we have lots of perfect organic gift ideas available for Christmas, you can even make up your own gift box
This competition is open to all residents of UK .
Through customer demand we are delighted to launch our new Aromatherapy Pulse Point Roller Balls. Our customers have enjoyed using our Aromatherapy Bath & Body Range, and a growing number suggested that they would also like to have their favourite products in an easy to carry, simple to apply format that can be used in the office, on holiday or wherever they go, so we listened, and here they are!
You can choose from Restful Evening, which can be really helpful when you need to relax and restore calm to your mood and mind. It contains organic essential oils of Lavender, Rose Geranium and Roman Chamomile, in a carefully made blend.
Or Nervous Exhaustion which can be used to de-stress and balance. The blend contains organic essential oils of Rose Geranium, Lavender and Basil.
Both are ideal to pop into your handbag, pocket or desk at work, by your bedside cabinet – in fact in a handy 10ml size, very easily portable, so you can take the Aromatherapy Roller Ball wherever you go!
Both also are gentle and moisturising for skin containing organic sunflower, sweet almond and wheatgerm carrier oils.
Use the Aromatherapy Pulse Point Roller Balls on the pulse points on the neck or wrist. Some clients like to use them on the front of their chest to be able to enjoy inhalation properties at bedtime/overnight.
They are also an ideal gift for someone too. Great for Christmas pressies, and perfect for helping you deal with the stressful run up to Christmas !!
You can buy the Restful Evening Aromatherapy Pulse Point Roller Ball here, the Nervous Exhaustion Aromatherapy Pulse Point Roller Ball here and you can buy the Aromatherapy Bath & Body Oils here.
SOUTH INDIA: VERKALA WELLNESS RETREATS and TAMIL NADU CULTURAL EXPERIENCE
Experience the Rich Diversity, Artistry, Simplicity and Majesty of India!
Spiritual Tours and Dr Chandra Kumar are delighted to present ~
Varkala Wellness Yoga and Meditation Retreat 1: Friday 4th ~ Friday 11th January
Tamil Nadu Culture and Pongal Festival Experience: Sunday 13th ~ Friday 18th January
Varkala Wellness Yoga and Meditation Retreat 2: Saturday 26th January ~ Saturday 2nd February
7-day Varkala Wellness Yoga and Meditation Retreats
If you’re seeking a nurturing space to simply get away from it all, work on your yoga and meditation practice, deepen your connection with self, build up resilience through wellbeing therapies and teachings to help you face the next chapter of your life then join us for 7 chilled out nights and 7 relaxing days in the beautiful temple town of Varkala, then,
Our 7-day Varkala Wellness Yoga and Meditation Retreats are for you!
5-day Tamil Nadu Culture and Pongal Festival Experience
If, over and above twice daily yoga and meditation, you’re seeking a truly authentic experience, where you dive into local life during one of the most popular Hindu festivals of the year where the festivities build over a four-day celebration and the locals believe that during this time of thanksgiving complicated problems can be resolved, then,
Our 5-day Tamil Nadu Culture and Pongal Festival Experience is for you!
Varkala, the perfect place to re-treat and tackle those life challenges that have gotten too big to ignore while you ~
- Remember the forgotten skill of talking to your body-mind and deepen those connections with yoga, meditation, swimming, and walking in nature
- Practice meditation and yoga to the lull of the ocean waves
- Practices led by experienced professionals in their field, who will also help you choose from the comprehensive menu of wellbeing treatments and teachings
- And much more…
Visit Tamil Nadu for thanksgiving, let go all that is no longer useful and celebrate in time honoured tradition ~
- Imerse in the Tamil culture.
- Join in the Pongal rituals and celebrations
- Practice Meditation and twice daily yoga on a village rooftop
- Visit temples and particpate in helping with English lessons at the local school
- And much more…
For full information on all Retreats and Experiences click on the link below:
SOUTH INDIA: VERKALA WELLNESS RETREATS and TAMIL NADU CULTURAL EXPERIENCE
Aromatherapy Support and Blends for an Ageing Skin
I get asked for advice for ageing skin regularly, so I would like to look here at some support and aromatherapy blends that can be helpful for you.
Aromatherapy is a fabulous way to tackle the effects of the challenges your skin is up against that can potentially cause an ageing effect, such as weather, pollutants, stressors or simply the passage of time.
I had a client on the phone today, who said that she had really noticed that her skin was so much more moisturised and soft after switching to use my range of organic soaps – they have organic ingredients and do not strip the skin of its natural oils, but rather moisturise further. A great base for then using other oils/creams to moisturise further.
The basic care of self is important of course – good nutrition, exercise, plenty of sleep, helps the skin to appear at its best. Pollutants such as smoking, synthetic chemicals in skincare and the environment, etc are best to be minimised coming into contact with where it is possible. Protecting the skin and face in extreme weather conditions, or avoiding, again where possible, is a good strategy.
Aromatherapy on its own or in combination with regular massage can be extremely helpful to protect the skin and feed the skin properly. Skin cell renewal can slow down with age and aromatherapy oils and massage can help minimise this.
My recommendation for carrier/base oils to use would be rosehip, evening primrose, sweet almond, wheatgerm and jojoba. I personally use rosehip and evening primrose oil in my skin care regime. I would recommend that all these oils can be used on their own as a carrier, but wheatgerm, I would use blended with perhaps sweet almond, as it is very viscose on its own.
Essential oils that I would suggest for skin regeneration and care would be carrot, frankincense, neroli, sandalwood, patchouli, sweet orange and lavender.
I have a favourite combination that I have used for many of my aromatherapy clients in various forms depending on their individual skin type, their medical info and their life/emotional situation. It is rosehip carrier oil with frankincense, neroli and carrot essential oil. A good blend would be 10ml rosehip with 2 drops frankincence, 2 drops neroli and 1 drop carrot essential oil. This would be great for body, for use on the face drop the quantities down to 1 drop of each essential oil in 10ml of rosehip carrier oil.
Some other different blends to choose from: sweet almond 5ml, evening primrose oil 5ml with 2 drops lavender, 2 drops sandalwood and 1 drop patchouli. Again dropping down to 1 drop of each for use on face with 10ml carrier blend.
Or jojoba 10ml with 2 drops sweet orange, 2 drops frankincense and 1 drop sandalwood. dropping to 1 drop of each for use on face.
Try out the different combinations to see what texture of carrier oil, and what scent of blended oils pleases you the best and feels best on your skin. Gentle massage the oils into the body/face when you have time this can be a real pamper opportunity for yourself.
If blending your own is not for you, then you can try our ready made Aromatherapy Bath & Body Blends blends without any preservatives, colours or synthetics. All they contain are organic carrier oils and essential oils.
It is difficult I know in todays busy life to take time to look after yourself, but your skin will thank you in years to come if you do. If you can find time to have regular massage (including a face massage) this will be so beneficial, not just for your skin, but for your complete health and wellbeing.
I rush around a lot, running my business, but try to make sure that my skin is aways looked after. It always feel good to keep skin moisturised and the feeling of putting good quality, nourishing oils on your face and body, I find extremely pleasurable.
For complex medical conditions always contact a qualified aromatherapist or your medical professional.
Welcome to another of Organica J’s Top Ten Uses! This month we will be focusing on 10 helpful uses for Sweet Orange essential oil. Working as a clinical aromatherapist, I use a lot for its sunny, relaxing, gentle but powerful action. It is good for using with vulnerable folk, such as the young or elderly because of these properties. I used it very regularly when I worked one day a month at a local residential home for the elderly, it was a popular choice there among the residents and staff alike.
Sweet Orange has been a favourite oil of mine since I qualified and I have is a component of my Love Soap and Essential Oil Blend. Also of course in my Orange & Frankincense Soap, Essential Oil Blend and my Reflexology Foot Balm. Here are what I think are its top ten uses.
For using essential oils for specific conditions always contact a qualified aromatherapist.
1. Useful to calm restlessness and for mild depression
2. Can be regenerative for skin, also for acne or irritated skin
3. Helpful for the elderly and the young to soothe
4. May be helpful to settle the digestive system
5. Useful for cellulite and lymph stimulation
6. Can be good for anxiety and stress
7. May be helpful to ease IBS symptoms
8. Good as an uplift in the darker, colder months
9. Useful for insomnia.
10. On a subtle level can be helpful for new challenges and ease self-doubt
The organic sweet orange essential oil that I hold in stock right now is Citrus Sinensis. The sweet orange tree is a small tree and it was introduced to Europe by the Portugese early in the 16th century. Sweet orange oil is expressed from the ripe peel of the fruit and is orange. The scent is citrus and very sweet. My current supplies are from Brazil.
If you feel that Sweet Orange essential oil would be a useful oil for you, you can buy it here from Organica J.
There is also available a full range of other aromatherapy essential oils, with information on their uses available in the essential oil category on the website. Always use on the body blended with a carrier/vegetable oil.
If you require further information on any oils, feel free to contact us by email or phone.
NB if you have a medical condition/take medications check with your GP and/or a qualified aromatherapist before using essential oils.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WIN A YEARS SUPPLY OF ORGANIC SOAPS?
Complete range or hand crafted organic soaps
We are giving away a special hamper worth over £50 containing our full collection of artisan organic soaps which are created in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
The organic soaps include: Lavender & Lavender flowers to aid sleep and protect skin. Geranium & Rose Petal for a delicate, sensitive skin. Peppermint & Peppermint Leaf – for stimulating & enlivening, Frankincense & Orange for a mature, sensitive skin, Meditation for soothing and focus, Love to calm emotions and for a sensual feel, Rose Heaven for soothing anxiety and balancing of mood and Gardeners & Cooks soap with honey and oatmeal to gently exfoliate while the lemon and lime essential oils, cleanse and uplift.
Our soaps are moisturising and conditioning and will leave your skin feeling silky smooth. They are free from preservatives, colourings and animal by-products and all (except our gardeners and cooks soap – with honey) are also suitable for vegans!
Excellent for even a delicate, sensitive skin. Gently wash away your cares with the subtle but powerful effects of aromatherapy. Treat yourself every day with these long-lasting soaps.
You can shop our full organic soap collection here.
Terms and Conditions
1. UK only
2. Competition will finish at 5pm on September 9th 2018
3. A years supply of soap for daily use by one person is 14 bars.
4. Winner must contact within 3 days to receive prize or else another winner will be drawn.
5. Postage costs will be covered by Organica J
Loch Arthur Farm Shop
The Farm Shop has become a much treasured and appreciated destination in Dumfries & Galloway. Ideal for those who appreciate quality food both sourced and produced with care and integrity.
They are proud to live up to that title by offering a fantastic selection of their own organic and locally produced foods:
- Artisan cheeses and dairy products produced on the farm.
- Breads and rolls baked fresh daily in the Loch Arthur bakery.
- Organic meats from their own and locally reared animals … expertly butchered in their own butchery.
- An extensive range of organic fruit and vegetables carefully sourced or, where possible, grown in Loch Arthur gardens.
- Cakes, pies, biscuits, dips, chutneys, and much more, produced in their Farm Shop kitchen.
The Café serves a delightful range of cakes, soups and light meals produced from the finest ingredients…. predominantly organic and very fresh.
The kitchen has become the pulsing heart-beat of the Farm Shop. It is a supportive environment where members of the community work alongside people employed from the
local area. They turn the finest ingredients into a mouth-watering array of sweet and savoury products. These cakes, pies, biscuits, dips, cooked meats and chutneys find their way into the café and onto the deli counter shelves.
The café has become a much appreciated meeting place in Dumfries and Galloway, valued not only for its fine, simple food and drinks but also for its quality of light, warmth and tranquillity. The café menu is simple, honest, hearty and wholesome.
The Cafe and Farmshop is open Monday-Saturday.
The Loch Arthur Community
Loch Arthur is a working Community which includes men and women with learning disabilities. There are eleven houses in which altogether more than 75 people live, including about twenty-eight people in supported tenancies. There is a farm, a large garden, a creamery, a bakery, craft workshops and a thriving farm shop and cafe.
Loch Arthur is a shared way of life in a modern rural Community which offers security as well as support for each other through the challenges of daily life. They are committed to the fulfilment of the individual through a diversity of relationships and activities which create authentic social integration.
Organica J will be at Loch Arthur Creamery and Farmshop on Saturday 22nd September 2018, to talk with customers and answer any questions they may have on the products Loch Arthur stock or general aromatherapy queries.
I have been asked by a few clients recently about the problem of cellulite. It is an issue that is seen almost exclusively in women. Cellulite starts with a build-up of toxins that the body reacts to with water retention to try to dilute the toxins. The connective tissue and the fat cells then harden and traps the water, which causes the ‘orange peel’ effect.
Aromatherapy can be helpful for cellulite. I would recommend simultaneously looking at diet/nutrition and exercise in combination with aromatherapy. Aromatherapy treatment is not an overnight answer (as nothing really is for this stubborn condition), but rather a longer term approach. It all depends how long the condition has been present and how severe it is. But aromatherapy can be very effective and it is a pleasant treatment to undertake
Using self massage, you would be working to encourage your lymphatic system to work better, and to balance hormones. You can use a loofah, brush or perhaps a massage glove on the area. Brush gently but firmly towards the heart.
It has been found that stress also can affect cellulite, by increasing the retention of toxins in the body . Aromatherapy of course, can be fabulous for relaxation. Using oils such as sweet orange, lavender, geranium, neroli can be great for combating stress and to help the body to release toxins.
When working with aromatherapy and cellulite – it is beneficial to not stick with one particular blend, but keep the blend changing for optimum effect.
As well as self massage, you could consider visiting a specialised lymphatic drainage massage practitioner, and perhaps in between those sessions, if stress is a factor see a qualified aromatherapist for an aromatherapy massage to aid relaxation.
Aromatherapy oils that are helpful for cellulite would be black pepper, geranium, grapefruit, lemon, lime, rosemary or juniper.
A couple of suggested blends are
10ml Evening Primrose Oil with black pepper 1 drop, grapefruit 3 drops,
lemon 2 drops.
10ml evening primrose oil with rosemary 1 drop, geranium 2 drops, grapefruit
Use this blend daily to self-massage onto the skin, perhaps after bathing/showering and skin brushing.
For complex medical conditions always contact a qualified aromatherapist or your medical professional.