Welcome to another of Organica J’s Top Ten Uses! This week we will be focusing on 10 helpful uses for German Chamomile essential oil. Its one of the oils that we use in our popular Skin SOS Balm which can be used for eczema, psoriasis and also for tattoos and after tattoo removal. For using essential oils for specific conditions always contact a qualified aromatherapist.
1. Good for sprains, strains and tendon damage.
2. Can be helpful for cystitis
3. Relief from indigestion.
4. To ease aches and pains, neuralgia.
5. May be helpful for inflamed joints.
6. Balancing for menstrual issues.
7. Useful for slow to heal wounds & sores.
8. Helpful for nervous tension & headaches.
9. May be a good immuno-stimulant.
10. Relief for dry, itchy skin & eczema.
German Chamomile (matricaria recutita) is a wonderful blue colour due to the chamazulene in it. It is believed that the chamazulene is what gives the oil its anti-inflammatory properties. German chamomile blends well with lavender, sandalwood, rosemary, and other essential oils.
If you feel that german chamomile essential oil would be a useful oil for you, you can buy it here from Organica J. Click here to hear more about our Skin SOS Balm which contains german chamomile. There is also available a full range of other aromatherapy essential oils, with information on their uses available in the essential oil category on the website.
If you require further information on any oils, feel free to contact us by email or phone.
NB if you have a medical condition/take medications check with your GP and/or a qualified aromatherapist before using essential oils.