1. Meditation aid – help to clear the mind of clutter
2. Calming and de-stressing
3. Helpful for mature skin and/or dry skin
4. Can be useful for coughs and respiratory issues
5. Can aid in the slowing down the appearance of wrinkles.
6. Soothing the pain of heavy periods.
7. Calms irritability and restlessness
8. Can help with moving on in life – leaving the past behind
9. Useful for scars and minor wounds
10. May be helpful for urinary issues
Frankincense’s latin name is boswellia carterii and is a natural resin from the exudate of the bark of the boswellia tree. The frankincense oil is steam distilled from the resin. Frankincense is sometimes referred to as olibanum, meaning oil from Lebanon. It has been used for centuries often as an incense in religious ceremonies. Kohl used as eyeliner by the ancient Egyptians was made from charred frankincense. My current batch comes from Somalia, which is my favourite Frankincense. In my opinion it has a delicate, deep scent, slightly musky in the most pleasant way.
If you feel that Frankincense essential oil would be a useful oil for you, you can buy it here from Organica J. There is also available a full range of other aromatherapy essential oils, with information on their uses available in the essential oil category on the website. Always use on the body blended with a carrier/vegetable oil.
If you require further information on any oils, feel free to contact us by email or phone.
NB if you have a medical condition/take medications check with your GP and/or a qualified aromatherapist before using essential oils.