Welcome to another of Organica J’s Top Ten Uses! This week we will be focusing on 10 helpful uses for Citronella essential oil. Its one of the oils that we use in our newly launched Midges & Mozzie which is excellent for use on skin and is incredibly soothing. Don’t be without it citronella oil or the Midges & Mozzie Balm at any summer barbecue, camping trip, hill walking and other outside events. For using essential oils for specific conditions always contact a qualified aromatherapist.
1. Extremely effective insect repellant.
2. Relief for arthritic conditions
3. Helpful to alleviate fatigue
4. To ease aches and pains, neuralgia.
5. May be helpful for excessive sweating.
6. Useful for prevention of colds, flu.
7. May be helpful for repelling animals from small areas of garden.
8. Useful against minor infections.
9. Can provide relief for headaches.
10. Helpful for oily skin.
Citronella is usually cymbopogon nardus or cymbopogon winterianus and is a yellow to brown-yellow colour. It has a distinctive lemony scent. The essential oil is from the steam distillation of the leaves of the grass. Citronella has been used also as a poultice in its native lands.
If you feel that citronella essential oil would be a useful oil for you, you can buy it here from Organica J. Click here to hear more about our new Midges and Mozzie Balm Balm which contains citronella. There is also available a full range of other aromatherapy essential oils, with information on their uses available in the essential oil category on the website.
If you require further information on any oils, feel free to contact us by email or phone.
NB if you have a medical condition/take medications check with your GP and/or a qualified aromatherapist before using essential oils.