Welcome to another of Organica J’s Top Ten Uses! This month we will be focusing on 10 helpful uses for Roman Chamomile essential oil. Its one of the oils that we use in our Aromatherapy Bath & Body Oil Restful Evening which is ready blended for use on the body or in the bath/shower. Working as a clinical aromatherapist, I often reach for Roman Chamomile to use in my therapeutic treatments with clients. Here are what I think are its top ten uses.
For using essential oils for specific conditions always contact a qualified aromatherapist.
1. Gentle oil suitable for young and old.
2. May be helpful for digestive issues, including indigestion.
3. Extremely soothing oil for anxiety & stress.
4. May be helpful for asthmatics.
5. Useful for PMS & menstrual issues.
6. Good for dry, sensitive skins.
7. An excellent oil for sleep issues.
8. Can release a build up of tension in the solar plexus.
9. Very gently uplifting, feed good effect.
10. Can help let go of fixed expectations.
Roman Chamomile’s latin name is anthemis nobilis and is steam distilled from the flowering tops of the herb. Roman Chamomile is a perennial herb with daisy-like flowers. We have just received fresh stocks of this valuable essential oil, and our current batch comes from here in the UK. In my opinion it has a gentle herby soothing scent
If you feel that Roman Chamomile essential oil would be a useful oil for you, you can buy it here from Organica J. There is also available a full range of other aromatherapy essential oils, with information on their uses available in the essential oil category on the website. Always use on the body blended with a carrier/vegetable oil.
If you require further information on any oils, feel free to contact us by email or phone.
NB if you have a medical condition/take medications check with your GP and/or a qualified aromatherapist before using essential oils.