Welcome to another of Organica J’s Top Ten Uses! This week we will be focusing on 10 helpful uses for Lime essential oil. Its one of the oils that we are using in a new product that we are launching next month and it is a very handy oil to have. Many of the uses are similar to lemon essential oil, in fact it is often used its place. I find that both essential oils have their place in different situations. For using essential oils for specific conditions always contact a qualified aromatherapist.
1. Helpful for throat infections.
2. Use as a treatment for colds and flu.
3. May be useful for digestive issues.
4. Good for an oily skin and acne.
5. Helpful for fluid retention conditions.
6. Can be stimulating for the circulation.
7. Good for adding to a blend to repel insects or treat insect bites.
8. Can alleviate fatigue and apathy.
9. Helpful for dealing with cellulite.
10. Offers an gentle uplift to mood and spirit.
Lime’s latin name is citrus aurantifolia and the expressed oil (lime can be either distilled or expressed) is a yellow/green to olive/green. It has a rich, deep citrus scent. The essential oil is expressed from the fruit rind. Our lime oil comes from Brazil.
If you feel that lime essential oil would be a useful oil for you, you can buy it here from Organica J. There is also available a full range of other aromatherapy essential oils, with information on their uses available in the essential oil category on the website.
If you require further information on any oils, feel free to contact us by email or phone.
NB if you have a medical condition/take medications check with your GP and/or a qualified aromatherapist before using essential oils.